here’s to 2013

Like any year, 2012 had its ups and downs, but for the most part – it was a good year. I feel so fortunate in that way – that except for 2010, which stands out to me as notably tough year for our immediate family – we have been blessed with good health, shelter and general happiness each year so far. I can only pray it stays that way.

Of course, 13 happens to be one of favorite – if not my favorite – number, so no pressure 2013, but I’m expecting particularly great things. In the meantime, it’s been a lovely holiday break and a quite nice New Years Eve here in Portland. (Minus the weirdness than Ian is not here; he’s enjoying his first “sleepover.” I’m thinking a lot about how strange it is that he’s not home, though judging his level of excitement, I have no doubt he’s not given one thought back to us.)

Happy New Year to all.

IMG_0699