memory…lost in the corners of my mind

A few weeks ago I realized that Ian’s Sunday afternoon swim class would be starting again soon. I couldn’t remember the exact date, except that I was positive it was sometime in the second half of July. Mental note to self: Look up swim class start date.

A couple of weeks ago I remembered that Ian’s Sunday afternoon swim class would be starting again soon. I also remembered that I had forgotten to look up the specific start date, except that I was positive it was sometime in the second half of July.

Last Sunday I thought again about how Ian’s Sunday afternoon swim class would be starting soon. And, I thought about how I really needed to look up the specific start date, though I was positive it was either this coming Sunday, July 17, or the following Sunday, July 24. Either way, I’m no fool and knew it was definitely time to move this little task up on the priority list, even if it did mean having to open the cabinet in my desk at home to pull out the piece of paper that would give me the answer I needed.

Continue reading